"Oh How Lovely was the Morning!" This is the song that stuck in my mind as we had the most wonderful opportunity to visit several church history sites as part of our summer vacation. And it's a good thing the mornings were so lovely because they sure came awful early!
Our days were jam-packed in order to see and experience everything, but the feelings we felt while visiting the sites were worth any ounce of exhaustion...
(Kirtland Temple)
(Visitors' Center)
And exhaustion definitely set in...
Side Note: Of course we had to check out the Amish Territory while we were in Ohio and it was so interesting! With all of the technology we have now, it's hard to believe people still live like that. But I have to hand it to them...I don't think I could do it.
(Whitmer Farm)
(Palmyra Temple)
(Book of Mormon Publishing)
(Hill Cumorah)
(Visitors' Center)
(Sacred Grove)
What a blessing it was to be able to stand in some of the same places where prophets and angels stood, and to have the spirit bear witness of the truthfulness of the Gospel. Our church has such a neat, and miraculous history, and I am grateful to have gained a stronger testimony of it.
No comments:
Post a Comment