February 25, 2012

Leavin' On a Jet Plane

Last weekend Christian took his very first plane ride! ...and there's no better way to break him in than starting out with a cross-country flight to Atlanta, Georgia! I had spent several months leading up to this day worried about how it would all play out. I was worried for us, and for everyone around us on the plane...but just like always, Christian pleasantly surprised us and was a fantastic flyer.
I always have anxiety in airports with all of the hustle and bustle, and of course, the security. Even though I know I have nothing to hide, I'm almost always sure they're going to find some sort of weapon or explosive on me. But this time we flew out of the Provo airport, which is a lot smaller and a lot less stressful (and much more convenient).
Christian loved watching everyone on the plane and was very friendly. It's a good thing the woman next to us was nice and grandmotherly. She was a very good sport as Christian climbed back and forth across her lap to see out the window.Although it was a long flight, it was definitely worth it for such a fun weekend full of firsts!

No comments: