I have yet to find anything that makes me happier in this world than watching Mark love Christian. And he's just so dang good at it! I continually find myself wishing I could make Christian laugh like Mark does, or that I could have the patience that Mark does, or that Christian would adore me the way he adores his dad. But, despite all these things, I wouldn't have it any other way. Mark deserves to get those big belly laughs, and he deserves to be adored, because he is such an amazing father.
Mark didn't grow up with many babies around. He had never changed a diaper before that first day in the hospital, and before Christian was born, he was so concerned that he would cut the umbilical cord wrong and give Christian an outie. As I look back on all of his fears before fatherhood, I can't help but laugh, because from the moment Mark became a father, the role has been so natural for him. How blessed I am to be married to such a wonderful father, who is an example of everything I hope my children become.
I love this guy.
Mark's dad is one of the kindest, most loyal men I have ever met. He would do anything for his family, and he has instilled that in Mark. He is a hard worker, dedicated to the things that really matter. I am so grateful to him for being an example to Mark of what fatherhood is all about.
There is not enough I can say about the love I have for my own father. He is a true teacher, my biggest fan, and my best friend. My dad has taught me to work hard, to be brave, and to always do the positive. He is the one I turn to for encouragement and advice. He loves unconditionally, and has taught me to do the same. I am so thankful for the force for good that he has been, and continues to be in my life. I am blessed to be his daughter.
In a world where the role of manhood, and fatherhood is easily forgotten, I feel so fortunate to have such strong, and loving men in my life. They are truly the world's best!
No comments:
Post a Comment