February 14, 2013

Love Letters

It's Valentine's Day! Don't be jealous, but this year, I have not one, not two, but three special guys to celebrate Valentine's Day. I am one lucky gal. In honor of the day, I think a few love letters are in order:

Dear Baby Boy,

Wow. Only a few short months left until I will no longer be daydreaming about you, but instead holding you in my arms. I cannot wait. I already love you more than you will ever know. I love that  I can feel you move, and feel you kick. I love hearing your little heartbeat every month and envisioning what you might look like. I know you are going to be handsome, just like your big brother, and your dad. You are such a blessing to our family already. Your dad and I have anxiously been hoping to grow our little family, and give Christian a sibling. He needs you, a brother, a best friend. I pray that you will find that friendship in each other. Thanks for choosing our family to come to. We can't wait to meet you!

Love,
Mom

 

My Sweet Christian,

Happy Valentine's Day! There are no words to express the love I have for you. It is a love that I never knew existed until I held you in my arms. The only way I can try to describe it is that I love you so much, it hurts. A good hurt. A feeling that my heart might burst out of my chest because it is so full of love and gratitude for your sweet soul. I am so blessed to be your mom. You make me truly happy. There isn't a day that has gone by that dad or I haven't mentioned how blessed we are that you are ours. We have the best guy, and we know it. You are going to be the most amazing big brother. This baby is so lucky. I can't think of a better example for him to follow. Even at such a young age, I can already tell that you have a tender heart. You are sweet, sensitive, and caring. You are smart, brave, and determined. You have so many qualities that I know will bless your life, and others' - they have already blessed mine. Thank you for being patient with me as I am learning to be a mother, your mother. I know I am imperfect, and have a long way to go before I'll know how to teach you, love you, and raise you in just the right way, but you are forgiving, and you are loving me along the way. I am so grateful for that. You are my very best bud. I am so proud of you, and proud to be your mom. This letter could go on forever with all of the ways you make me happy and all of the things I love about you, but for now, remember, and never forget, that you are loved, cherished, and adored.

Love,
Your mama

 
 
Dear Mark,

I can't think of anyone I would rather spend a day of love with, than you. Happy Valentine's Day!  What a blessed wife I am. I love you, and am so grateful to spend eternity with you. You make me so happy. There are so many reasons that I love you, but the biggest reason may be that you love me. It's selfish, I know, but it means everything to me. Your love is my rock. It is my strength, and it keeps me going. Thank you for loving me unconditionally. I know at times it isn't easy, but you are so good at it. Looking back on the years we have been married, although it isn't many yet, I love seeing how far we have come. We have loved and supported each other through so much that has given us a solid foundation for forever, and I know there will be even more opportunities to strengthen and perfect our love. I look forward to them. Thank you for being my very best friend; someone I can trust, someone I can confide in, and someone who knows me, often better than I know myself. It means the world to me that you know me. You pay attention, you take the time to understand, you know my heart. That has truly blessed my life. Thank you for giving me (soon to be) two beautiful children, and making me a mother. I absolutely love raising babies with you. I think we make a pretty good team, but I can't take much of the credit, because you are the most admirable father. Our children are so blessed. I love watching you love them, and how much Christian loves you. Thank you for making all of us your priority. Thank you also for making the Gospel a priority in your life, and in our home. I am continually amazed by your dedication to your church service. You are a good man. Thank you for your example. There are so many things I adore about you. You are smart, funny, sensitive, hard-working, and handsome. You are everything I want, everything I need, and everything I never knew I needed. You make my life complete. Thank you. I'm so in love with you.

Love,
Lauren
Enjoy our Valentine!
Happy ❤ Day!

No comments: