April 29, 2014

A Pirate's Life for C!

Every year, as Christian's birthday approaches, I find myself shocked that it's been another year. This year was no different. I can't believe I have a three year old! And a handsome, smart, imaginative, and happy three year old at that! Christian brings us so much joy. He is funny, and knows how to make all of us laugh and smile. We are so grateful for his part in our family.

This year, we celebrated Christian's birthday ""Pirate" style! He has been super into pirates lately, using all the lingo, and making everything into a pirate ship, or a pirate sword. 

We were lucky this year that Mark didn't have school or work, so he was able to spend the whole day celebrating with us. We started off at the Provo Rec Center, swimming (that's kind of pirate-ish right?) Christian had so much fun playing in the water.
For dinner we celebrated with family at all of our favorite place...Brick Oven (Maybe I brainwashed Christian just a little?)
After dinner, we headed over to a fun park we had heard about that had an awesome pirate ship! Perfect for our pirate party!
We have the greatest family and friends who came to wish Christian a happy birthday! I've realized that Christian is a lot like me in that he LOVES having people, especially his favorite people around. He's very social, so we were lucky to have so many of the people we love there.
 Especially friends who would be fellow ship-mates!
 Even if they just came for the food... (Grant)
 Man Overboard!!
We had such a fun day. Three years old has proved to be a tough age at our house...but it has also proved to be even more fun than we ever could have imagined! Christian is such a light to our family and we love him more than anything. Happy Birthday to our little Pirate!

No comments: