Grant however, seemed pretty enthusiastic about the idea...
(This was BEFORE we told him about the 20 hours in that new car seat he was so thrilled about.)
Packing for three months can be a little tricky, but somehow we did it, and fit everything into our car! I only had a sliver of space for my legs in the front seat, but I didn't complain, because Mark didn't believe me that we could fit everything, and I wasn't about to be wrong!
Lucky for the boys and me, Mark really took one for the team and drove the first half of the way with his dad while we flew with his mom on a much shorter flight.
They were both pretty good flyers, but I was glad to have Debbie's help. I couldn't have done it on my own!
After we met up with Mark and Henry in Kansas, and spent some time with Eric and Cindy and their girls, we hit the road. Once again, the boys were excellent travelers, and their sleeping did us all a lot of good, giving us hope that this drive would be possible! We had originally planned to stay the night in Kansas, but instead we left a day earlier, making the hours to drive each day fewer, and our lives much more pleasant.
Our first pit stop was McDonald's, where we took a quick trip to the bathroom and down the slide, and we were off again.We spent the night in Indiana, and then wasted no time, and were back on the road.
We did whatever it took to keep the boys entertained, occupied, and content; from sandwiches, to treats, to books, to toys, oh and the Frozen sound track, over and over and over.
Our second pit stop was the Cleveland Children's Museum. I was so excited, because I just knew this was something the boys would love, and they did.... however it wasn't what I expected. We pulled up to an old, run-down, small building with a sign, and I was sorely disappointed.
Luckily, our kids were ready to do anything that wasn't the car...so they LOVED the museum, and it was a good break.
Like me as a child, Christian is a sucker for any "real life" play and he was in kid heaven pretending to be a grown-up. First he worked at the grocery store...
Then he shopped at the grocery store...
Then he was a doctor...
Then a chef...
He was just so good at all of it, and we had such a good time.
Then, you guessed it...back on the road!
Oh, and we couldn't pass up Boston's for dinner.
After spending the night in Buffalo, New York, our final, and favorite pit stop was Niagara Falls. We've been to Niagara Falls before, but there was just something about experiencing it with my babies, and being so close to finishing this trip together that made it really memorable for me.
I loved watching their wonder and awe.
Then, finally, Massachusetts welcomed us!! And what a warm welcome it was!At last, we made it to our hotel in Framingham, Massachusetts where we will now call home for the next several weeks. The boys were so excited, and SO hyper. Probably mostly happy to have made it alive.
Once we were all settled in to our hotel, we spent the evening driving around town, exploring the city. Of course, we visited Mark's home for the next three months...
and the excitement only continued!
We did it. We made the trip I never thought possible, and surprisingly, it was fun! I don't mean to brag, but I am so dang proud of us. We are growing up! This is just the first adventure of many to come over the next three months. I am so excited to be experiencing it with my favorite people (and thankfully, they are still my favorites after 20 hours in the car)... Stay tuned for our Boston summer!
























































No comments:
Post a Comment