May 24, 2014

Splash Bash!

As I planned for Grant's first birthday, I was feeling a little sad for him.  I felt bad, because I didn't want him to fall into the typical "second child" stereotype...you know, the one where the mom puts all of her energy into huge birthday parties for the first child, and is then too tired and totally "over it" to do anything for the second? I was feeling like THAT mom. But because of the circumstances, and us getting ready to leave for Boston in just a few days, Grant's birthday was going to have to be pretty small and simple.

I decided to still do a party, but just with family, and I decided to take the easy route and go to the splash pad where the water could do all the entertaining. Still feeling guilty, we showed up to the splash pad and put up a few balloons. But thanks to our awesome families, and a happy little one year old, this party turned out to be one of my favorites! It was so easy, and I think both of my kids loved it more than anything I could have planned!
Especially the birthday boy!
Grant knew that this day was all about him. And being a second child, it was obvious that he loved it! (It was about time!)

Of course, I think the cake was a favorite part of the day. However, I wish I could say his birthday cake was his first experience with cake... unfortunately, he's a pro at the cake/cookie/candy thing.
He also loved the presents, and Christian loved helping.
It was so fun to watch Grant in the water, especially because he could explore a lot of it on his own. That's why we love the splash pad!
Grant is truly such a blessing in our family. We have loved this last year getting to know his sweet, snuggly, fun-loving personality, and can't wait to see even more of who he is as he grows. We love him so much! Happy Birthday Baby G!

No comments: