July 21, 2014

Our Boston Summer: Week 7

After an adventurous and exciting weekend in the Big Apple, we decided to spend this week a little closer to home. Needless to say, we were pooped from the weekend, so it was so refreshing to slow things down and see what Massachusetts had to offer locally. 
Lucky for us, some of the best entertainment is located just on the other side of the house! As I mentioned before, the couple that we are staying with has eight children. The oldest is ten. These kids are the greatest. From the very beginning, they have welcomed all of us, especially Christian, with open arms, and it has been such a blessing. Obviously C loves every one of them. 
We're also glad to have some good stores locally... Target is one of our favorites and spending some quality time in those isles is a great way to pass the time without spending any money!
And while we love roaming the toy isles, it's even more fun to spend time with friends. This week we had lots of opportunities to do some really fun things without having to go too far!
One of those things was the Discovery Museum. I took a whole bunch of pictures while we were there, but as I looked through them, almost every single one was blurry. I guess that just demonstrates how much fun we had there. My kids couldn't hold still for two seconds because there was so much to discover!
Another fun thing we discovered this week was Learned Beach. This place has quickly become one of our favorites! The dock is squared off so that the lake is the perfect height for little kids, the sand is soft, and the water is the perfect temperature. Plus, it's only ten minutes from our house! The boys absolutely loved the freedom to run around, swim, and chase fish and ducks.
On Friday night, instead of heading out on the town, I headed over to Bose with the boys. For the past seven weeks that place has been a mystery to me. Mark leaves in the morning, spends all day there, and comes home in the evening, and I've had no idea what it's like! Because of all the creative stuff that goes on in there, it's locked down pretty tight, so until now, I haven't even known if we were allowed to enter.
FINALLY, we got a tour (but not without checking in with security, wearing guest ID badges, and being watched on security cameras the entire time). We loved seeing Mark's office and where he spends his time while he's away from us.
As a very small gesture of our appreciation to the Wingates for letting us live in their house, Mark has agreed to mow their lawn (I know, pathetic right? I said very small gesture. We owe them big time).
It's been a good while since Mark has mowed a lawn because ours back home is taken care of by our HOA, so it didn't occur to me until he brought out the mower, that our boys have really never experienced lawn mowing! Grant was pretty fascinated by the whole thing and I thought it was good for them to get used to it...their turn will come.
Later that afternoon, we stopped by the Ashland Farmer's Market. I must admit, I have never been to a Farmer's Market before, so it was fun to check it out.
On Sunday, I taught the Relief Society lesson in church. It went fine, but that meant that the rest of the evening was spent lounging and eating treats. I had promised Christian several weeks ago, that we would make chocolate strawberries, so we celebrated the end to a successful week covered in chocolatey goodness.

No comments: