December 4, 2011

Giving Thanks

You know you have a lot to be grateful for when you get to have three Thanksgiving dinners, plus a Thanksgiving breakfast. Although it made for a jam-packed weekend, we couldn't be more grateful to have spent so much time with so much of our family this Thanksgiving break.
Our Thanksgiving started with Mark's parents coming over to make us a delicious breakfast. The rest of the morning was spent going through the Black Friday ads and planning our route for that night (we didn't know at the time that we wouldn't need a route...it only took one store to do me in!) Christian had fun though...This was probably his favorite part of Thanksgiving.
Our Thanksgiving dinners were spread through the rest of the weekend and we had so much fun spending time with grandparents, aunts, uncles, and cousins. Needless to say, Christian got a lot of love.
As part of our Thanksgiving break, my family spent a night in Salt Lake getting in the Holiday spirit and enjoying each others' company. We went to the play My Fair Lady and then to dinner at the Cheesecake Factory.
We spent time shopping...
We saw the lights at Temple Square...
and we played at the hotel.
We also went swimming, ate lots of candy and stayed up way too late playing games. Although we're still recovering from lack of sleep and poor nutrition, I must say, there is something about staying in a hotel that makes me truly happy. What a fun way to start the season.
What a good opportunity Thanksgiving is to reflect on our many blessings. I am thankful for a husband who loves me unconditionally. I am thankful for our beautiful baby. I am thankful for our families who love and support us. I am thankful for my home, for warmth, and for protection. But ultimately, I am thankful for a Heavenly Father who guides and directs my life and gives me all that is good.

No comments: