This little handsome started nursery today.
With Mark being in the bishopric, I've spent several months battling this active almost-18-month-old by myself, therefore we have anxiously awaited this day. However this last week, and even more so today as I left Christian among all of the kids and toys, I have had a love/hate relationship with nursery.Love, because he loves it. We must have peeked through the window to check on him more than ten times and each time he was happily playing, or curiously observing as they sang songs, and ate snacks. Never once a tear, or a question of where we were. It was me, who was holding back tears, and not very well. And as much as I wanted him to miss me, I was so proud of him.
Hate, because nursery is just another reminder that Christian is growing up. Too fast. Right through that nursery window, I could see him becoming a little boy, with his own personality, his own likes and dislikes, and his own friends.
Of course, I don't really hate nursery. I am actually thrilled that Christian enjoyed it so much. It was so fun to watch him as he figured it all out. And even though I cried a few tears of sadness, I think most of the tears were an overwhelming sense of joy and love for this sweet little spirit. I'm so glad he's mine, and that I get to be the one that takes him home when nursery is done.


1 comment:
He does look so grown up. I thought about him during church and wondered how it went...for him and Mom. Sounds like you both did well. Good job!!
Post a Comment