When it comes to pumpkin picking, I am my Mother's daughter. I pride myself in picking the perfect pumpkin, and in our years before children, Mark and I spent an unhealthy amount of time finding just the right one. Mark humored me by digging to the bottom of the pile when I was sure that's where the best one hid, setting pumpkins out, turning them so I was able to view them from every angle, displaying pumpkins together to show me how they would look in a grouping, and then repeating the process over and over. He's the best husband.
This year however, as we included another little decision-maker, I had to loosen my reigns a little when it came to pumpkin picking.Christian's idea of the perfect pumpkin is very different from mine, and his patience in the picking process is much less. While it is difficult for me, I am learning to embrace those odd-shaped, uneven, discolored pumpkins that Christian finds so fascinating. I loved seeing his excitement, and despite my worry, we still ended up with some pretty great pumpkins!
We also celebrated October this year by going with friends to Cornbellys. We had so much fun! There was so much to do there to help us experience Fall and we loved every minute!
Of course October would not be complete without costumes, and we had plenty of opportunities to dress up! I dressed as Cleopatra for Bunco, and the boys had lots of fun dressing up for Halloween parties, and our Trunk-or-Treat.
(check out C's "Kill-o-patra" pose. He's the best.)
Another one of our favorite October traditions is pumpkin carving with the Walkers. It's always so fun to see everyone's jack-o-lanterns, share spooky treats, and eat a delicious and creative Halloween dinner. We always look forward to it!On Halloween we had so much fun watching Grandma in her school's costume Parade. Christian did an exceptional job identifying costumes. Somehow he spotted Nephi among the costumes, and when my Dad showed him a kid dressed up as Father Time, Christian said, "No, that's Heavenly Father". (Maybe we're doing something right?) Grandma's costume was much more easily identified as she was a pair of scissors to complete the Rock, Paper Scissors theme.
We also enjoyed dinner with friends and family, and then of course we had to do some Trick-or-Treating. Christian mastered "Trick-or-Treat" and "Thank You" in no time and came away with a pretty good haul.
There were so many things to be excited about during the month of October. We did so many fun things. However the thing that made our October the best, was the fact that we had these two handsomes to celebrate the season with. They are sweeter than candy and more perfect than any pumpkin. They make our traditions so worthwhile and much more meaningful. Happy October!














.jpg)


















.jpg)















No comments:
Post a Comment