I am happy to announce that our story gets a little better in week two! I still can't stand the traffic, and we still spend a lot of time in the car to get anywhere around here, but things are looking more familiar. It's amazing how much better I feel now that I've found a Target, TJ Maxx, Old Navy, etc. You know, all the important stores. We've also found ways to entertain ourselves in the hotel room...
and we continue to find new parks... (with the coolest swings!)We visited the Framingham Library this week, and the turtle was a hit. Let's just say, we miss Springville Story Time!
We've even gotten a little creative (or maybe it's desperate) and spent some good time at Petsmart.. That might be what my kids remember most about our Boston Summer.
We have loved taking advantage of our hotel's swimming pool. Christian asks every night if we can go and is in heaven as he jumps back and forth between the "hot one" and the "cold one". There have been a couple of nights where Mark or I will take Grant, and the other will take Christian to the pool. I have really enjoyed the one on one time with my each of my kids and I think they have too. Christian was absolutely thrilled that I would play polar bears with him at the pool the other night.
Mark and I celebrated our 5th Anniversary this week! Five years! I can't believe it's been five years. But what a wonderful five years it's been. I think that fact that we are celebrating five years in Massachusetts says a lot about how far we have come together. We have loved and supported each other through successes, hardships, and two beautiful babies. And I am so glad to be doing it all with Mark. I continue to be impressed by him as we experience new things together.We had dinner at the Cheesecake Factory, and due to lack of babysitters, we all went together. But what better way to celebrate five years than what's become of it? We are so blessed.
Then, just when we thought we wouldn't be able to beat our first weekend at Lake Winnispesaukee, we were invited to Martha's Vineyard! What a fun new experience for us!
On Saturday morning, we headed out on the ferry with my cousin, Ashley and her family.
We had been planning to rent bikes once we got to the island, and as we were driving to the house, we happened to pass a bike shop. And there it was, displayed right in front... my dream come true. I have always wanted a Madsen Cycle... like bad. We've just never been able to justify the expense, but you better believe that on Martha's Vineyard, we were not going to pass up fulfilling my dream! It took Grant a little while to get used to the bike, and his helmet and he screamed the whole way home from the bike shop and for a second there I thought it might turn into my worst nightmare, but once everyone was settled, It was like heaven riding to the beach on that beauty.
It was Grant's first time on the beach, and of course, he loved it. He loved the sand, and was fearless about the water. It was so fun to watch the kids soak it all in.
After the beach, we spend the rest of the evening roaming the cute little town. There were such fun shops, delicious ice cream, and the best part was the oldest carousel in the country. The boys had fun going round and round on their horses, while Mark and I had fun trying to grab rings as we passed by. The goal was to grab the gold ring, among all of the silver, for a free ride. Lucky for us, Mark and I both got a gold ring! It definitely turned the ride into something we could all enjoy!
Unfortunately, I didn't get a picture, but the highlight of the night may have been when we found "Back Door Donuts". It's literally a back door of a bakery shop that they open up after the bakery has closed, and they sell AMAZING, warm donuts. We had read about it on an "insider things to do" website, and then just happened upon it as we were walking back to the car. It was a VERY happy coincidence.
The next morning, we woke up and sadly, took our bikes back. We walked through a park with a lot of memorials, and had to snap a few pictures.
Then, we hit up the local lighthouse and it was beautiful. We even got to go inside and climb to the top. Talk about gorgeous views from every angle.In order to see anything else on the island, we had to bribe Christian with another trip to the beach, so as promised, we headed back to the sea and the sand. This time, the sand crabs were a huge hit. Mark and Christian had a blast catching them together, and they were everywhere! The boys literally could have spent the entire day there.
Sadly, the day had to come to an end, and we headed back to reality on the last ferry possible. What a fun, and memorable weekend. We're so grateful to have already experienced so much in our short time here.
Aren't they handsome?















































No comments:
Post a Comment