I can't believe we've been here for three weeks! In some ways it has felt really fast, and in others it has seemed like forever. The good news is, we are enjoying exploring the Boston area. We even went into the city week!
Early in the week we spent time with some family at the park and the "spray deck" aka splash pad. We have loved being close to my cousins, and Christian and Grant have been thrilled to have friends! They are so great to invite us to things and include us in their outings.
On Thursday, Mark had an internship activity for Bose in Boston. Because he was going to be in the city, and finish work earlier than usual, we decided to meet him there. I was terrified to drive in the city by myself. And it was just as scary as I had imagined... but after a few detours, a broken GPS, and a frustrated phone call to Mark, we were finally able to make it to him. The rest of the afternoon was spent wandering Boston Common. It was a beautiful day, and the boys loved being outside. They also loved the ducks, birds, and squirrels that were everywhere.I enjoyed the landscape and people watching of course. If you ever need a good Hafen stare, Boston Common is the place.
Most of the afternoon was spent chasing small animals. Christian definitely got his work out for the day.
Then, the boys completed their workout at the park.
On our way home we were SO hungry. We thought it would be fun to have dinner in the city, but as soon as our patience wore thin with traffic, and parking, we gave up and were desperate to eat anywhere we could find. We happened upon the Shake Shack, and it may have been one of the best things to happen to us. We had a blast eating delicious food outside, and listening to live music. It was the epitome of summer time. We just wished we could have shared it with our families.
On Friday, we went strawberry picking with some ladies from the ward at Tougas Farm. I knew it would be a fun outing, but I was surprised at how much we all enjoyed it. Christian loved picking the strawberries, and Grant loved eating them.
We loved it so much that it actually made me excited that we would be here a few more months for cherry, blueberry, and apple seasons! I can't wait to take the kids back, and I don't even like cherries!
We were pretty proud of ourselves, and have loved eating our very own strawberries. You can just call us future farmers of America.
Saturday was a fun day spent at the Franklin Park Zoo. I think it's pretty obvious that Christian is obsessed with animals, so it was definitely a favorite activity. However, Christian wanted to fly through. Seconds after seeing an animal, he'd be ready for the next. Luckily, this zoo was big, and had lots to see and do!
One of our favorites was the Gorillas. They were so entertaining, slamming things against the glass, and teasing each other. I could have watched for hours!
Christian was as tall as the Pygmy Hippo (which instantly became his favorite animal in the zoo) and Grant was as tall as that deer thing... (I can't read the name).
After all that walking, they were ready for a good drive!
While I liked the gorillas, and Christian, the hippo, Grant's favorite part seemed to be the goats. He was very interested in petting and pulling their hair.
Mark's favorite was the Prairie Dogs. They were really fun to watch.
And finally, after lots of animals, we made it to the coolest playground I've ever seen! There was SO much to do, and of course it was zoo-themed.
More cool swings! Massachusetts knows how to swing!
We had such a good time, spending the day together, and exploring. We saw lots of really neat animals, but my favorite wild things and the best views at the zoo, were these little monkeys!
The last memory from this week is that on Saturday, out of nowhere, Christian started saying his R's right! Since he could talk, it's been, "Gwant" (Grant) "Cawdow" (Carter). "Gwampa". He has struggled saying his R's and I've never really worried about it, assuming he would grow out of it. And in one day, he did! It has been so funny to hear him emphasize his R's on his own. I don't know what changed, but my little Cwistian is gwowing up, and I don't like it one bit! (But I am very proud of him).
Until next week!








































































No comments:
Post a Comment