May 5, 2012

Birthday Bash

 
Christian's first birthday was an event I had been planning for several months. Being the sentimental mother that I am, I was going to make this day big with things and people that Christian loves, as well as memories of his very first year of life. I had worked all week decorating, shopping, cleaning, and envisioning this birthday party, however as I crawled into bed the night before, all I could do was cry. My baby was turning one, and after all the excitement and anticipation of party planning, I wanted to cancel the whole thing...cancel the whole day and keep Christian my baby forever.
Unfortunately, this was out of my control, and Christian did turn one on April 29th. And despite a little bit of grieving on my part, the day was successful, and a day I will remember forever.
 With a little dessert, a few balloons, and a lot of the people we love, we celebrated this cute one-year-old. (I know I probably overdid it, but your first baby's first birthday only happens once right?)
 During the party, there were a few things we learned about one-year-olds. The main thing being, that good pictures of one-year-olds are nearly non-existent. Of course, we tried...
 and tried...
 and tried...
 Another thing we learned is that one-year-olds love birthday presents...
 ...but only for a little while before it gets exhausting, and they have to be bribed with animal crackers.
 Christian did love his new toys and books though, and I loved all the cute new clothes he got too! He's one lucky one-year-old.
 We also learned that one-year-olds love the party food, just as much as the grown-ups.
Especially the cake!
Oh, and one-year-olds love birthday baths too!
 Even though I've felt a little sad that my baby is growing up, I can't help but love every stage. I can already tell that one-year is going to bring so much fun and excitement as Christian learns and grows. Happy Birthday little C!

1 comment:

DebWalker said...

Happy Birthday Christian. Thanks for inviting us. We had so much fun and loved seeing him celebrate his first birthday. He is growing up so fast.